Human Service organisations have their own unique needs:
- Personal safety issues
- Critical Incident Stress
- Working within Government guidelines
- Shortage of funding
- Often greater demand than supply
Human Service agencies include:
- Child support and welfare
Resilient organisations realise that it is people that make the difference between success or failure. Resilient organisations invest in their most prized asset – their people:
- Healthy bodies
- Clear minds
- Emotional strength and stamina
- A sense of purpose and strong motivation
- A success mindset
- Bounce back from tough times
- Thrive on challenge
- Interact and impact others in a positive manner
- Strive to reach their full potential
Sigma Mindset is a leading training, coaching and consultancy agency that works with Human Service Organisations within a resilience and success mindset framework. Drawing on 25 years experience, we develop skills and systems that make a real difference to your performance, productivity, organisational and staff well being.
Who should be involved in resilience training?
Everyone can benefit from regular resilience training in their lives. What is interesting is that many professions and organisations now regularly use these tools to improve performance and well being.
- The US Army now uses what it calls Mental Fitness Training for soldiers as a means of being mentally prepared for battle and in the hope of reducing rates of Depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Their aim is to enhance performance, improve mental and emotional health and provide better adaptive coping strategies
- The Australian Army Aviation also uses similar Resilience Training programs to improve pilot’s response to whatever stress they come upon.
- Emergency Services – police, ambulance and fire around the world, have for some time now, employed the preventative measures of resilience building to help emergency service personnel not only do their job better but also be able to retire mentally and emotionally healthy.
- Child Support and Welfare Agencies use resilience based training to educate, prepare and prevent staff with regards to critical incidents
- These techniques are now also being used by businesses and corporations to improve performance and sales.
What are the benefits to Human Service Organisations of Resilience Training?
- Better understanding and control of your reactions
- Able to respond more positively and thoughtfully
- A reduced incidence of mental health problems
- Enhanced performance in work and life
- Improved adaptive coping strategies to stress
- Increased mental clarity and performance
- Improved relationships and connectedness
- Improved leadership capabilities
- Overall increased health and well being
- A mindset and attitude of hope, courage and optimism
How can Sigma Mindset assist your agency or organisation?
Factors included in resilience training:
- Self care and balance
- Sense of meaning and purpose
- Self understanding – of strengths and limitations
- Self image and self esteem
- Personal support networks – connectedness
- Positive self talk
- Maintaining perspective
- Cultivating positive mindset
- Self discipline
- Ability to handle stress
- Coping with and reacting to Critical Incidents
MANAGEMENT OF CRITICAL INCIDENT STRESS
- Programs can be designed for either the individual, a group or the organisation
CRITICAL INCIDENT STRESS MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS
- Entails an organisational response to critical incidents and disasters
- Training for staff in how to set these programs up
PEER SUPPORT PROGRAMS
- Peer support programs designed for the specific needs of the organisation
- Training conducted for already existing peer support programs
Within organisations that care for others, it is not unusual to find that the carers themselves become fatigued or even vicariously traumatised themselves.
Resilience training can be used as an educational process to develop hardiness and self awareness of symptoms and signs of burnout.
EMOTIONAL ENGAGEMENT AS A MEANS OF IMPROVING CUSTOMER SERVICE
Learn to understand and harness the power of emotional connectedness when dealing with clients and customers.
LEADERSHIP WITHIN HUMAN SERVICE ORGANISATIONS – BUILDING YOUR TRIBE
How do you influence others so that they will follow?
How do you create a common passion and goal, so that as a leader, you can sit back and watch the communication and commitment process unfold before your very eyes?
What do you need to understand about yourself and how you impact on others?
These are some of the questions answered in this course.
CONSULTATION RE THE DEVELOPMENT OF EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
You want to provide the best possible care to your staff but are not sure how to go about it. Or maybe, you have an EAP up and running but it seems to be missing the mark and not quite be delivering the results you were hoping for.
With 25 years experience with Employee Assistance Programs, Sigma Mindset is well placed to consult with you on potential development or continuous improvement of your program
To download a free brochure on Emotional Health in the Workplace click here.
Balance and energy are the very foundation of an effective life. Without these two ingredients, very little can happen or even if thinks do progress, the burnout rate will be much quicker.
Learn the simple and life changing steps that will give you back the control of your life that you have been longing for and bring back effectiveness, joy and satisfaction into your life.
Staff who are optimistic, joyful and feel in control of themselves are simply more productive at work and home.
The interconnectedness of work and home is indisputable so why not get it right?
STRESS RELIEF MADE EASY
Short courses as well as relaxing retreats are available depending on your needs
To buy a copy of our audio book Stress Relief Made Easy which includes 4 powerful life changing presentations simply click here.
COACH TRAINING FOR HUMAN SERVICE MANAGERS – GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR STAFF
Managers are given training in many areas but one area that is sometimes overlooked is: How to coach, support and lead your staff?
This training will equip you with the knowledge and skills to coach your staff for performance and mindset improvement.
What makes Sigma Mindset different from all the other training and coaching programs?
- Wherever possible we provide multi media and online programs to back up the face to face. In fact you may opt solely for the multi media and online training.
- We focus on a holistic approach to performance improvement
- We discuss and ascertain your business and organisation’s unique needs.
- We can provide onsite or arrange a venue of your choice
- We have 25 years experience in aligning training to the needs of your organisation and business
- Obligation free quote
- Extensive experience in Critical Incident Stress Management and Resiliency Training
Delivery formats to choose from:
- Face to face
- Online training – eclasses, teleseminars, webinars
- Public speaking presentations for your next event or conference
- Facilitated small groups workshops
- Lectures to large audiences
- Onsite or at a venue of your choosing
|What Others Are Saying|
|“In the last 6 years I have worked closely with Julie. In this time I have seen the great work that she has done for others. Julie has a wonderful caring nature and always does her utmost to help others, this combined with her vast skills and knowledge provide for the best of help.Julie impacted my life by helping me to become a better person, she has developed in me the confidence and skills to become a leader in my work place. But most of all Julie has given me the resilience to cope with life’s harder times. I have been able to pass on all of the skills and knowledge that I have gained from Julie, to my family. My life is vastly improved because of Julie’s help.”
David Reed, Firefighter, Queensland Fire and Rescue Service, Australia
|What Others Are Saying|
|“Emergency Service Professionals are highly trained in coping with and managing crisis and trauma. As a result, they are often reluctant to acknowledge the impact crisis and trauma in their work has on them because they believe they should cope. Julie Spain has considerable experience working with emergency service professionals and her book ( Thriving Not Just Surviving a Life Crisis www.thrivingalifecrisis.com ) has much to offer them. It would be a very useful resource for emergency service organisation to have available for their staff who could quietly, on their own, read and work through the various chapters, making sense of their own feelings and reactions. Reading an ebook from a computer screen offers more privacy to people in managing their emotions than does a very obvious hard cover book. The emotions triggered by crisis and trauma that Julie talks about in her book, and her strategies for managing them in constructive and positive ways are just as relevant to emergency service professionals as to members of the general public. They are empowering and motivating in moving people forward, through and past their crisis.”Maree Harris. PhD. is the Director of People Empowered. She is a coach, consultant and facilitator of professional development, specialising in the development and enhancement of soft skills. www.peopleempowered.com.au|